Saturday, January 26, 2013

Friday Finishes

Swirls
More Swirls
Friday mornings are for finishing the last of the weeks long arm jobs.  This Friday was a quilt made by my friend who owns a yarn shop. She also has taken up quilting.  This is her first quilt of 2013 and it is amazing. She asked me to just play with a design and have fun with it-the swirl design was more then fun it was enjoyable and I was actually sorry when I finished - I wanted to do more.  Sometimes it is hard when a customer says "just do what you want".  If you really know the person you have some idea what they would like but man if you don't know them it can be a struggle.  So ladies when taking your quilt tops to your local long arm quilter be kind and let them have some idea what your vision is.  

Have a wonderful weekend all and if your in the part of the country that has been bitten by the cold stay warm.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this! Thanks for helping me get my first quilt of the year one step closer to being complete! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful! Good job, both of you!

    ReplyDelete