Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Spa-Da Spinning


Getting away from my business of quilting and fabric I present you with a picture of my newest hobby.  SPINNING!
Yup with the help of Renee at Spun Right Round yarn shop and her good buddy Steph they have gotten me to come to the "dark side" (I mean bright side) of spinning.  
Of course I am still intimidated by sitting at a wheel so my dear husband made me my own drop spindle.
ISN'T HE WONDERFUL!!
So now it is all twisted and secured to later wind into a ball (a very small one) that equals 2oz. and then onto the making of "something", maybe a headband.  I will post the finished goodie when I have decided what to turn this lovely hand spun yarn into!



1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous! I once knit a Calorimetry headband (you can find it on Ravelry). I recall it being quite simple. I frogged it because I have an oddly shaped head, but I think that it would look great with your hair. Don't forget, my wheel keeps whispering your name... : )

    ReplyDelete